Sunday, May 13, 2012

How I Spent Mothers' Day

Around here we don't do a lot for days like today. Little holidays in between the typical holidays for mass gatherings. We don't celebrate Valentines Day (we do a little something for Emma, because it is fun when you are a little, but pointless as an adult), we don't do a lot for birthdays, and while my husband is the king of cards, I'd much rather phone calls instead. On days like today I like to get away from the ordinary and keep the television turned off. Since my husband is working today I decided I would drag Emma along on a few outings (she would have much more preferred to be left to her own accord with her ipod or wii). Instead of the usual day of work and games inside the house we headed outside for some adventures with my camera and her ipod (I gave the camera Emma used to use to a friend a while back who was in great need of taking photos for her booming business). At first she wasn't terribly interested, but eventually loosened up and started getting right into it. She used to love to do this with me when we would go hiking (pre-everything that prevents us from getting out there these days). After our little adventure we had a quick lunch and were off again. Not too much later we returned with plants, seeds, soil, and dinner. We got to planting right away, cleaned up a bit, and enjoyed a nice dinner on the deck in front of our happy little greens. Mothers' Day success. momsday momsday1 momsday2 momsday3 momsday4 momsday5 momsday6 momsday7 momsday8

No comments:

Post a Comment