Wednesday, October 17, 2012

NH Photographers Blog Circle | Favorite Local Haunt: Rattlesnake Mountain, Holderness

It's been a while, but here I am again joining in on the NH blog circle! This month we are posting about our favorite local "haunt". Wonderful local places we each frequent. I will admit I am a bit of a recluse introvert. When I go out, I prefer to get away. For the purpose of solitude and to bring myself closer to the amazing world around me I take to the woods. One of my favorite local hikes is West Rattlesnake in Holderness, NH. It may not always offer the solitude I prefer, but it is beautiful just the same. The other afternoon was a dreary but dry one and the trees in the area offered some great foliage colors. I headed up the small mountain with camera in hand. My ears were flooded with the music of Mumford and Sons and my eyes with a sort of determined eagerness. Though the trip was short I managed to snap a few photos along the way that I really enjoy (normally I don't take too many shots on this particular hike as I see it so much. It was really great to take the time to notice some of the things I generally fly by when I am there). I highly recommend this short but amazing hike to anyone (it offers some good cardio on ascent, but is in no way difficult). Be sure to watch out for roots and if you head up in the spring keep your eyes on the lookout so you can spot some pink lady slippers. Enjoy my perspective of Rattlesnake and then be sure to head on over to Kristen Reimold's blog to see her favorite local haunt! (and don't forget to follow the circle all the way through, you won't be sorry you did!) Thanks for stopping by! haunt1 haunt2 MHP1580 haunt4 MHP1586 haunt3 MHP1595 haunt5 MHP1610 MHP1611 MHP1615 MHP1616 MHP1631 MHP1623 MHP1637

1 comment:

  1. I love your processing. You did an awesome job capturing beautiful little moments :)

    ReplyDelete